Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza Recipe


First off, I hate it when my pics turn the wrong way once uploaded to a website. You're probably calling me a dumb ass right now because YOU probably know how to fix the problem. Yea yea I could put it into paint brush first and rotate it but I'm too lazy and if there's another way, then yea, I'm a dumb ass because I'm clueless.

Moving on.....

This is probably my most favorite thing to eat in my ridiculous world of only being able to eat about 10 things. If I could eat it everyday I would however eating the same thing daily actually makes your body allergic. So you're kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Like any other food preparation in a low histamine diet it is a bit time consuming but so worth it.

What you'll need:

1 Organic large egg (I can't actually consume scrambled eggs etc. however I can tolerate a small amount of egg in baked goods etc. and I'm fine)

1 1/2- 2 C. Cooked meat of your choice (I choose ground beef or chicken) of course fresh as humanly possible.

1/2 to 1 head of Organic cauliflower depending on the size. (1 head if small)

A handful of sweet peppers or two, depending on how small your hands are....LOL

1 C Organic Low fat Mozzarella shredded cheese

Broccoli, if you wish or Organic fresh kale (I choose a green always for my pizza, sometimes I even use both)

1 C or so of Organic raw baby carrots (this will be pureed and used in place of tomato sauce)

Fresh Basil and Fresh Mint

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

Put your organic baby carrots in a pan and cover with water and bring to a slow boil on the stove.

In the mean time, grate 2 Cups of raw cauliflower then place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 7-8 minutes until cooked.

Remove from the microwave and let cool. Then add your egg and 1 C of organic mozzarella cheese and mix together. I add garlic powder and oregano to the "crust" but it's optional. Then take a baking pan or pizza pan and line with parchment paper. Place your mixture on the parchment paper and pat out into a rectangular shape or round shape if using a pizza pan. Lightly spray with olive oil and place into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a golden brown.

While your crust is cooking rinse and chop up all of your veggies and pan fry your lean ground beef. Your carrots should be cooked by now and soft. Drain out most of the water leaving a bit in the pan and take a hand mixer and puree the carrots.

Remove pizza crust from oven and top with the carrot puree (I will also add garlic powder and sea salt to the puree). Then dump on the meat of your choice. Follow up with your chopped veggies (save your fresh basil and mint until later) then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes then top with your fresh basil and mint. Viola, a histamine intolerant chick's dream pizza!!!

I took this pic before I put on the basil and mint, it's much prettier with it but I got a bit ahead of myself and took the picture too soon LOL.

You will absolutely love this pizza !!! Yum yum it up histamine intolerant chicks (oh and dudes)!!

Yeaaaa....you're welcome :*


7 comments:

  1. Made this last week and it was awesome! I don't know how you came up with recipe but it was so unique and yummy! Definitely out of the box from the usual stirfrys that I pretty much make everyday and just change up the ingredients. It seems like a lot of work but really isnt once you get it going, anyone who is tired of the boring things we have to eat during this healing process should definitely give this a try. Thanks Dani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like this one! Just think once you're better (and you will get better) you can enjoy this with cheese and pepperoni!!! And of course real tomato sauce yum!!

      Delete
  2. Do you mind if I post some food / recipe ideas I have stumbled on along the way? This was the most baffling thing for me when I first started and getting bored with the limited food list so I would like to help anyone going through the same process. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't any cheese a histamine liberator? Mozzarella seems to contain almost no histamine, but is still a cheese. ? (Anyway, we have to be dairy free, gluten free as well low histamine, not easy at all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Additionally, I've been healed from HIT for a few years now and continue to include mozzarella in my diet and of course I can now eat aged cheeses as well with no problem but tend to break out in acne if I eat too much of the hard cheeses lol which is while other problem in itself. I believe that if you follow the same regiment that I list here in my blog you too can overcome HIT as I did! Again, good luck and thank you for the visit 😊

      Delete
  4. Hi Sonja, yes hard cheeses we cannot have as they are aged quite a lot however soft cheeses are usually for most people fine to eat. I've said before that everyone reacts differently and no "body" is the same therefore what worked for me during the time I was suffering from HIT may or may not work for others. But in general, soft cheeses such as mozzarella tend to be fine. I could eat it and never had a problem. It was also on the German list of okay things to eat that I translated several years back. Thanks for visiting my blog I wish you much health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for this recipe, I'm new to HIT and it's all hit and miss at the moment with a lot of rice! Going to try this at the weekend and will report back on my success.

    Also was wondering can you eat dried fruit? Had some dried apple today and now I'm itchy and covered in hives :(

    ReplyDelete